Global Rapid Rugby is all set to bring a new era in sports and entertainment to the Asia Pacific region.
The new-look, elite rugby competition will kick off in late February, with eight teams competing for an AUD$1 million first prize.
• 14 rounds 56 games plus four finals
• Up to 20 of the world’s best players
• A fast-paced, 70-minute total game time
• New and revised laws to increase ball-in-play time
• Dynamic, engaging broadcast product
• Stadium entertainment at every game, everywhere
Founder Andrew Forrest says Asia is perfectly placed for a sporting revolution.
“Rugby needs to evolve. The modern sports public is spoilt for choice and demands easily digestible, fast-paced action.”
Global Rapid Rugby is built on strong community foundations.
The 2019 competition will include eight teams from six countries across the Asia Pacific region and will be gradually expanded to add further teams from the region in 2020 and beyond.